Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Joblessness

is fun the first day, tolerable the next, and miserable then on. Especially for the non-self motivated types like me. I wont dwell on that too much, my legendary quaities deserve a post in its entireity..
I've finally found a credible_to_self excuse for not being an interesting blogger. Pretty basic, I dont have an intersting life. Not half as happening of all those I love to read, no roomies(anymore) and hence none of the highs of living with friends, no heart-wrenching breakups to mop about in public, no ex's to abuse(yeah redundant, just adding for effect), cant even recall when last I went to a movie. Now tell me how much you wanna read bout the average joe(or joanne ..teehee bad joke). But happened to stumble upon my old blog and thought that one was decent. And that, together with said joblessness made fertile grounds for a blogging urge.
Life has changed quite a lot in the past few months. And as goes with all change, this has been both good and bad, and promises to get better. But most of all, its seen me grow, atleast within. Not sure I wanna follow that thread. Lets just let it hang.
Among other stuff, we went on a trip from office last weekend. Most of the junta turned up, and with family too. And quite a lot of kids. In fact the majority of our colleagues(pronounced as if itz got just one 'l', koleeges..this should make vin happy) are at that stage of life they're married and have really small kids, like 2-3 years old. I'm sure that says something significant bout the company, but dunno what. Maybe the sociologists would know. Anyways, we went to Shivasamudra and Ranganthittu, stayed at a nice comfy resort by the banks of cauvery. Hardly the rafting-trekking adventure it once aspired to be, but end of the day, a decent fun trip. Alistair has more on it.
Vin has been spending a fair amount of his lifetime making and remaking his site. He just keeps making super-subtle changes ( hey I changed the comment text background to a lighter shade of light grey... Ya, so I notice ..Now howz this one..m staring blankly at the screen..Idiot cant you see I reduced the gap between the links by half a micron..) Perfectionism is one thing, but getting stuck coz of it is quite something else. Its ended up looking nice, in fact I've been asking him if he would lease it out to me. Coz he isnt doing anything with it either ways.
You know what people do when they have zilch to write bout. They just sneak in links, to other people's blogs, to interesting stuff on the web and the like. Well, just saying..
Just back from watching a play at Rangashankara. Nice experience. And thankfully, not quite the overurhead kind of theatre. Its called eclipse. And is about a bunch of kids going to a beach to watch a solar eclipse. And yet another, called Lucy, who emerges and disappears off and on as they wait for the eclipse to happen. Through games and conversations Lucy takes each of them through a soulsearching trip. The girl who played Lucy was very pretty, and m sure Vin just couldn't take his eyes off her. And to make it worse(for yours truly) he could do it *legally*.
Chakki descends on Bangalore tomo. And how I miss her.

No comments: